National Welfare Coordination Centre (NWCC)
(Note free call number is only from landline.
Calls from mobiles will incur higher costs and charges).
NWCC is a welfare and family support service and is part of the wider Defence family support network. It provides:
- A free call 24/7 information and referral service for families of deployed Defence personnel;
- Timely and accurate information; and
- Reassurance, support and referral to other family support agencies.
NWCC is staffed by trained and experienced service personnel with a wide range of contacts within the Australian Defence Force. Our operators can assist you with:
- All hours referral to support agencies;
- Passing urgent information to deployed personnel;
- Mailing addresses and postal regulations for overseas deployments; and
- A friendly voice at any time.
When you contact the NWCC, the operator will:
- Answer your questions OR
- Direct your query to the appropriate agency to assist you AND
- Follow-through to ensure your query is answered.